Direct Bible References
Extra direct Bible references which expands or explain the same step.
- Matthew 6:24-25 ¶ No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? (Author: 'Jesus')
- Matthew 12:34-35 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. (Author: 'Jesus')
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. (Author: 'Jesus')
- Luke 16:13 ¶ No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Author: 'Jesus')
- James 5:1-3 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. (Author: 'James')
Indirect Bible References
Extra, more indirect Bible references, relating to the same step.
- Psalms 62:11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. (Author: 'David')
- Habakkuk 2:9 ¶ Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil! (Author: 'HEERE')
- Haggai 1:4-11 Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste? Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. ¶ Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD. Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the LORD of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house. Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit. And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labour of the hands. (Author: 'Haggai')
- Luke 12:33-34 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Author: 'Jesus')
- Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Author: 'Jesus')
OT Law Bible References
Old Testament Law Bible references which will relate to OT Commandments (Jewish tradition teached that there are 613 commandments or mitzvot in the Torah).
- Leviticus 25:14 And if thou sell ought unto thy neighbour, or buyest ought of thy neighbour’s hand, ye shall not oppress one another: (OT Law nr: '336', Rambam Title: 'To adjudicate cases of purchase and sale', Rambam Coding: 'CCA67' )
Wisdom Bible References
Wisdom Bible references will relate to one of the Wisdom Literare Books from the Old Testament.
Please click on the Bible Reference to show its corresponding text.
- Proverbs 1:17-19
Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives. So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 11:4
Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 11:28
He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 15:16
Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. (Author: 'Unknown')
- Ecclesiastes 5:9
¶ Moreover the profit of the earth is for all: the king himself is served by the field. (Author: 'Solomon')
Duplicate Bible References
Another Bible reference to more or less the same as the primary, direct or indirect, with not much new information, although it will confirm the same Bible references:
Please click on the Bible Reference to show its corresponding text.
- Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. (Author: 'Jesus')
- Luke 18:22
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. (Author: 'Jesus')
Bible verses copyright: PUBLIC DOMAIN except in the United Kingdom, where a Crown Copyright applies to printing the KJV. See http://www.cambridge.org/about-us/who-we-are/queens-printers-patent
Click here to see the explanation of the different symbols, Author, OT Law etc.
- A related Bible reference to the step which is negative, something you should not do
- A related Bible reference to the step which is both positive and negative
- A related Bible reference to the step which is positive, something you should do or learn from
- A related Bible reference to the step which is not yet determined positive or negative
- Author: Indicates the known author from this Bible reference
- OT Law nr: Jewish tradition teached that there are 613 commandments or mitzvot in the Torah. We list the Number, based on a chronological order (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numeri, Deuteronomium).
- Rambam Title: This is the commandment, as an interpretation of Rambam (commonly known as Maimonides)
- Rambam Coding: The coding refers to the commandments layout of Rambam. Rabbi Chafetz Chayim wrote a book with all the commandments which can still be observed today. The book is called 'The Concise Book of Mitzvoth'
- CCA means a positive mitzwe (which can now also be carried out outside of Israel).
- CCN is the negative mitzwe (which can now also be carried out outside of Israel).
- CCI means that this mitzvah can only be performed in the State of Israel.
Who came up with this "613 Mitzvot"?
Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon, His full name was Rabbi Moses Ben Maimon. His name formed the acronym as "The Rambam" was born on the 14th of Nisan 4895 (30th March 1135) and he died on the 20th of Tevet of 4965 (Dec. 13 1204). The Rambam was one of the most saught after individuals of his time. Not only as a Halachic authority, but also within the secular world of kings and sultans, for his vast knowledge of secular medecines was outstanding. When writting the Mishna Torah, Ramban reviewed the Torah's Mitzvot, and he itemized them. He seperated the positive and negative mitzvot, listed them, all 613, and discussed them.