Direct Bible References
Extra direct Bible references which expands or explain the same step.
- Psalms 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. (Author: 'Unknown')
- Jeremiah 17:7-10 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. ¶ The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. (Author: 'Jeremiah')
- Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. (Author: 'HEERE')
- Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. (Author: 'Jesus')
- Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Author: 'Paul')
- 1 Timothy 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: (Author: 'Paul')
Indirect Bible References
Extra, more indirect Bible references, relating to the same step.
- Psalms 52:8-11 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever. I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. (Author: 'David')
- Hebrews 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; (Author: 'Unknown')
Example Bible References
In these Bible references you will find examples and testimonies how this step was being executed.
Please click on the Bible Reference to show its corresponding text.
- 1 Samuel 14:6-12
And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few. And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart. Then said Jonathan, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them. If they say thus unto us, Tarry until we come to you; then we will stand still in our place, and will not go up unto them. But if they say thus, Come up unto us; then we will go up: for the LORD hath delivered them into our hand: and this shall be a sign unto us. And both of them discovered themselves unto the garrison of the Philistines: and the Philistines said, Behold, the Hebrews come forth out of the holes where they had hid themselves. And the men of the garrison answered Jonathan and his armourbearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will shew you a thing. And Jonathan said unto his armourbearer, Come up after me: for the LORD hath delivered them into the hand of Israel. (Author: 'Jonathan')
- 1 Samuel 17:45-47
Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hands. (Author: 'David')
- 1 Chronicles 5:20
And they were helped against them, and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that were with them: for they cried to God in the battle, and he was intreated of them; because they put their trust in him. (Author: 'Sons of Reuben, and the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh')
- Ezra 7:27-28
¶ Blessed be the LORD God of our fathers, which hath put such a thing as this in the king’s heart, to beautify the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem: And hath extended mercy unto me before the king, and his counsellors, and before all the king’s mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the LORD my God was upon me, and I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me. (Author: 'Ezra')
- John 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (Author: 'Thomas')
- Hebrews 3:18-19
And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. (Author: 'Unknown')
Wisdom Bible References
Wisdom Bible references will relate to one of the Wisdom Literare Books from the Old Testament.
Please click on the Bible Reference to show its corresponding text.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
¶ Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 16:20
He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he. (Author: 'Solomon')
- Proverbs 29:25
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. (Author: 'Solomon')
Bible verses copyright: PUBLIC DOMAIN except in the United Kingdom, where a Crown Copyright applies to printing the KJV. See http://www.cambridge.org/about-us/who-we-are/queens-printers-patent
Click here to see the explanation of the different symbols, Author, OT Law etc.
- A related Bible reference to the step which is negative, something you should not do
- A related Bible reference to the step which is both positive and negative
- A related Bible reference to the step which is positive, something you should do or learn from
- A related Bible reference to the step which is not yet determined positive or negative
- Author: Indicates the known author from this Bible reference
- OT Law nr: Jewish tradition teached that there are 613 commandments or mitzvot in the Torah. We list the Number, based on a chronological order (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numeri, Deuteronomium).
- Rambam Title: This is the commandment, as an interpretation of Rambam (commonly known as Maimonides)
- Rambam Coding: The coding refers to the commandments layout of Rambam. Rabbi Chafetz Chayim wrote a book with all the commandments which can still be observed today. The book is called 'The Concise Book of Mitzvoth'
- CCA means a positive mitzwe (which can now also be carried out outside of Israel).
- CCN is the negative mitzwe (which can now also be carried out outside of Israel).
- CCI means that this mitzvah can only be performed in the State of Israel.
Who came up with this "613 Mitzvot"?
Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon, His full name was Rabbi Moses Ben Maimon. His name formed the acronym as "The Rambam" was born on the 14th of Nisan 4895 (30th March 1135) and he died on the 20th of Tevet of 4965 (Dec. 13 1204). The Rambam was one of the most saught after individuals of his time. Not only as a Halachic authority, but also within the secular world of kings and sultans, for his vast knowledge of secular medecines was outstanding. When writting the Mishna Torah, Ramban reviewed the Torah's Mitzvot, and he itemized them. He seperated the positive and negative mitzvot, listed them, all 613, and discussed them.